10 habits to adopt to eat better
If you want to rebalance your diet and get back on your feet in 2020, here are 10 habits for a healthier life and diet.
“A healthy mind in a healthy body” is the adage that reminds us of the importance of taking care of your body and keeping in shape. Besides physical activity , diet plays a big role in the body’s balance.
1. Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables to reach a minimum of 5 per day Even slightly increasing your consumption of vegetables and fruits is good for your health. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, which are crucial nutrients for a balanced functioning of the body. To consume in all their forms!
2. Choose whole grains from which the bran and germ have not been removed. Cereals, when they are complete, are richer in nutrients than refined cereals because their germ and their shell are rich in antioxidant vitamins, zinc, magnesium and iron. They are also high in fiber and help reduce snacking.
3. Favor lean protein rather than meat at all meals Lean proteins are the “good proteins” because they are less rich in fat. White meat (chicken, turkey, rabbit, etc.), shellfish, eggs, ham, etc. Take your pick!
4. Avoid processed foods According to the NOVA classification, an ultra-processed food is a food manufactured in an industrial way, containing at least 5 ingredients such as fats, sugar, salt and especially additives not used in domestic cooking. If you can, choose products that keep their natural properties as much as possible.
5. Eat fat and only good fat Like olive, canola or flax oil, nuts and fish.
6. Moderate your alcohol consumption Alcohol is dangerous for health and we also often forget to what extent alcoholic drinks can be colorful and energetic. To consume with moderation !
7. Drink water It is essential for the functioning of our organism. Water hydrates, tempers the body and also serves food. It carries nutrients in the blood and removes waste from the metabolism.
8. Eat less sugar Remember that sugar is addicting. The more you consume, the more your body will demand. To reduce consumption without creating frustration, avoid processed foods and cook yourself.
9. Reduce the amount of salt in your dishes As we know, a diet too rich in salt can cause serious disturbances in the body’s activity. But in addition, it would increase hunger. According to a study conducted by the medical journal « The Journal of Clinical Investigation », eating salty would not make you thirsty, but hungry!
10. Prefer variety to avoid excess To make sure you don’t miss anything, nothing better than consuming the most varied foods possible. Taste different foods, test different flavors … In addition to making yourself happy, you will do good for your balance.